Monday 7 October 2013

Some Like it Hot

Autumn hit my little bit of Wales with a vengeance this weekend, with gales and heavy rain. Cue me needing to write a short story about a summer holiday!
 
Last year I contributed to the anthology Sunlounger. My story was a romantic comedy called An Indecent Proposal. It involved a naked rock star and was set in the Italian city of Sorrento. I originally wrote it during a snowstorm!


Sunlounger was a huge success and reached #13 in the Amazon top 100.
 
So we’re doing it all again!
 
Which is why I’m spending today shivering in my cardie and Uggs - and planning a summer holiday for some lucky, as yet unnamed heroine.
 
I do wish I was going wherever she’s going!


6 comments:

  1. I vote you call her Lexie. Not Alexa, just Lexie. I like the name Margo, but someone called Margo would probably know where she was going...
    Never mind me, just wiggle your toes in your Uggs and do what you do so well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't call her Lexie, I had a Lexi in Nemesis! I do have trouble thinking up names, despite my 'baby name' book. Surnames are easier - I borrow them from my extensive family tree. Margo ... I could have fun with a Margo. That's more of a best friend name though, I think.

      Delete
  2. Ha! Can't use Alexa/Alex, she's an eight-year-old in my Christmas novella (and the novel I started last year, out 2014). Know you won't want to share a heroine's name with a precocious child, Louise! Loving the new blog, by the way :-) Also busy thinking up ideas for Sunlounger II, although my setting of Gran Canaria has been approved by Belinda. Maybe I should do a sequel short story...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie-Anne! I've got an idea for my location now but I'm keeping it to myself! Still no idea for heroine's name though ...

      Delete
  3. Gabby. And she's never been called by her full name (Gabriella) until she meets ______, who either has no patience with nicknames, or murmers 'Gabriella' almost reverently when they meet...
    and why am I sitting here on a Sunday morning trying to think up names for you when I've just given up and named an attorney Ezra in my own WIP?! Was down to the z's...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Ezra!

      I've now moved on. Currently writing ghost story. I want to call the heroine Megan - but I used that one in my last Sunlounger story!

      Delete